Wednesday, February 10, 2010

True or False: People judge Books by their Covers?

Unfortunately...yes... we live in a very shallow societyTrue or False: People judge Books by their Covers?
ppl always judge a book by their cover to some extent. And if you don't get to know them it's your fault, because it shows you don't care and have no respect for others. What is boils down to is who you want to be seen as and portrayed as. So looks do have a lot to do with it. Like a man on a street that looks like a bum, but he is a rich person. Would you know or would you think that he is just a bum instead of a rich person? Think. Look. and observe. Then decide. You never know you might meet someone interesting.True or False: People judge Books by their Covers?
Of course!


We learn body language, unconsciously, right from the word go. So, a nice smile (must be nice person - make friends); a frown and snarl (must be a nasty person - avoid).


Nice looking, happy couple - he looks a bit like my Daddy (must be nice people - make friends)


Then the nesting instincts come into play - potential male with big house ';nest';, full bank account (food in the larder), tall %26amp; strong (protect) or well-endowed girl (good mate/mother figure)


How else can we warm to or avoid potential friends/enemies except by first impressions?
Sadly to say BUT TRUE!! I have learned in the past 5 yrs of my life. BECAUSE I WOULDN'T WANT SOME1 TO LOOK @ ME AND JUDGE ME , IN WHAT I DON'T HAVE ANY CONTROL OF!!!! AND THERE ISN'T A QUORE FOR MY SITUATION!! I am teaching my children not to judge a book by it's cover!!!! No one is prefect. ';WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT IS NORMAL ANYWAYS???'; LIFE WOULD BE BORING, RIGHT?
When I need a book to READ , I don't care about its cover.


When I need a book for....show or to impress my mother in law, I chose by its cover.





I usually buy books to read though.... :))
i do. if i like a cover ill stop and read the back. i know its bad but you cant just sit and read the back of every book on the shelf.
True. I have many people that judge me as being someone that has bad hair because I have frequent wig and hat changes. This is not true. My hair is cute.
True. Initially anyway.
Unfortunately yes.
True. Initial impression gets the curiosity going then anything can follow.
true, always initial impression before you start talking
Absolutely. Like when i wear speedos, people naturally think i'm Chubacca from Star Wars.
unfortunately, the answer is 'true' for most.
Sometimes.
And I judge movies by their posters too !!!
All too often and miss out on the good ones in the process.
True for some but not all thankfully.
A short answer for your Q





~~~~~TRUE~~~~
True. I only judge Playboys by their cover... ;-)
Very true!
so true, and they often buy a lemon for not reading it.
mostly..especially for those people who are envy, insecured and mean..i always experience that :(( [how about you??]
true... but i judge them by their title and author...
True*
Sad but true
I judge then by their authors
It's wrong, but TRUE!
Some do, some don't.





Tralse.
I live in LA.....TRUE.
Mundane people do. intellectual people dont....I DONT!!
Some people do. I always like to read the dust jacket first, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment