Monday, February 8, 2010

Anybody know of some good books proving 2012 apocalypse theories false?

I'm doing a speech in one of my classes and I need a book source and I can't seem to find one. Anybody know of one that helps me back up my topic of ';All theories about the world ending in 2012 are false.';Anybody know of some good books proving 2012 apocalypse theories false?
I don't know of any books, I'm afraid. You may find this link helpful:





http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astr鈥?/a>





I'm thinking there may not be any books. The stupidity and hysteria surrounding the alleged end of the world in 2012 has only come to the public's attention in the last few months. Publishers usually need a year or more to produce a book, so they haven't had enough time yet.





The doomsayers are preying on people's fear and ignorance. Most of what they're saying makes no sense scientifically. They're the ones making these incredible claims (';incredible'; in the sense of ';having no credibility';), so the onus is on them to provide evidence to back them up. They won't, and they can't.





For your teacher (or whoever told you to do this speech) to say ';prove the world won't end in 2012'; is like saying ';prove you have never committed a murder.'; There's bound to be an hour or more at some time in your life when nobody saw you or knew where you were, so you could have committed a murder then. Of course, that in no way proves you *have* murdered anybody - only that you can't prove you haven't. Similarly, there's no way anyone can prove that the world *won't* end in 2012, except by waiting until 2013. But of course the doomsayers would say if you do that, it'll be too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment